Apply Now for an Internship in Gender Equality at UNESCO HQ
The Gender Equality Internship at UNESCO HQ offers a dynamic platform for individuals seeking hands-on experience in advancing gender equality initiatives.
While this internship is unpaid, it provides valuable opportunities for personal and professional development. Interns are entitled to 2.5 days of leave per month during their training.
Gender Equality Internship at UNESCO HQ
Under the authority of the Director of the Division for Gender Equality and the Chief of Policies and Strategies for Gender Equality, interns play a crucial role in advancing UNESCO’s global priority for gender equality. Their responsibilities include:
Task 1: Monitoring Global Gender Equality Initiatives
Assisting in the follow-up, monitoring, and reporting of activities related to UNESCO’s priority gender equality initiatives, aligned with its Strategic Objectives.
Task 2: Research and Reporting
Analyzing documents and projects related to gender equality promotion and drafting reports, briefings, and notes.
Task 3: Communication Support
Assisting in the development of effective communication materials, including content creation for the Division’s website and social media outlets.
Task 4: Event Organization
Participating in organizing conferences, events, and outreach initiatives related to gender equality priorities.
Task 5: Stakeholder Engagement
Providing support in maintaining contacts and cooperation with stakeholders and partners.
Task 6: Training and Development
Assisting in organizing training activities and contributing to developing tools and guidelines for the Division.
Task 7: Executive Board and General Conference
Contributing to the preparation and follow-up of Executive Board and General Conference sessions as assigned.
The primary learning objectives of this internship are to provide participants with professional experience in implementing Priority Gender Equality at UNESCO, enhancing their graduate-level studies.
Additionally, interns will gain a deeper understanding of UNESCO’s functioning and working methods.
Specific learning objectives will be discussed with each intern at the beginning of the assignment.
Key Eligibility Criteria For Gender Equality Internship at UNESCO HQ
Qualifications and Skills
- Age: Applicants must be at least 20 years old.
- Academic qualifications: Candidates should be enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent) or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) with a Master’s degree or PhD.
- A full-time bachelor’s degree is not eligible.
- Language skills: Proficiency in either English or French (both written and spoken) is required, with knowledge of the other language being an asset for specific roles.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in computer systems and office-related software is essential.
- Team player: The ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse team and adapt to an international work environment.
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills are expected.
Interested candidates can apply online for the Gender Equality Internship at UNESCO HQ. The application deadline is 31st December 2023.